Figuring Out Panels

What are the Major Elements of Your Residential Solar Power System?

Solar panels Monterey households utilize can perfectly fill the gap left by any interruptions to the mains supply. These units draw power from the sun, and as such, you pay nothing for using them, reducing energy costs. Likewise, solar energy is environmentally-friendly, and harnessing it poses no known threat of green house gases (GHS). There are many more benefits you can get from using solar power, but only if you have the complete system with all the important components as described below:

1. Photovoltaic Solar Cells

To turn sunlight into electricity that can power up a home, solar modules or panels rely on their photovoltaic cells. Such modules are the number one priority for the complete solar power setup, and how many of these you should buy depends on your overall power consumption as well as the intended duration of uptime. So, start by determining the power consumption of each appliance that will use solar power in Watts, and use the total for all such appliances to determine the number of panels you need for your entire home. First thing is: know the wattage (in watts) for each device that’s intended for solar power, sum up the energy consumption for the said devices, and use the information to buy the right number of panels.

2. Battery Power Storage

You’ll need a home battery backup system for your solar power. You might need several batteries, the number of which also depends on your energy consumption needs. Similarly, the length of time electricity interruptions usually last where you live can inform the number of batteries required for power storage.

3. A DC-to-AC Inverter

Unless you’re using your solar power system for DC lighting lamps , you’ll need to use an inverter to convert the current in your batteries from DC to AC. The inversion system wastes as little as 5% of the energy output, but the remaining 95% is available for use. Always study the efficiency rating for an inverter model to be sure that the majority of your solar-generated power will go to meaningful utility.

4. Input Transfer Switch

Install a transfer switch to quickly transfer the input power from mains supply to your battery backup. For sure, you do not need interruptions to your enjoyment of TV or other appliances in case of a sudden blackout, so use a transfer switch with instantaneous operation.

5. Charge Regulator

A charge controlling device is critical to the optimization of the current your solar panels are generating. Check that the device has an auto-disconnect function that breaks up solar panel link to the batteries once they’re fully charged. Thus, your batteries avoid the risk of overcharge damage, and no current leaks back to the solar source in case of dormant panels.

Adding the abovementioned elements to your solar panels in Monterey guarantees consistent access to eco-friendly power for your residential use.

Installation – Getting Started & Next Steps

5 Takeaways That I Learned About Energy